Thursday, August 28, 2014


After many months and almost completed the radio, I have eventually figured out that the no.2 carrying the radio walking at the front needs to carrying the cover all the way by hand, there should be still has four antenna rods clipped on the inside of the cover as two rods had mounted on the antenna base for transmission, this guy better not to drop any rod on the way.( The pic shown the cover had been carrying in his right hand.)



Tornister-Funkgerät Torn.Fu.d2 (Torn.Fu.d2/24b-212)


This is the WWII German man pack radio, Torn Fu d2, I'll never have a chance to own an original radio, no matter the price or license required by this stupid government.

The best solution is to build a replica by the available resin panel and as much original parts I could collect.
By the skill I learn from restoring relics over the years, and the modeling technique mastered over my life time, I believed the end product will be closed to original.

I came over Harold Jones replica Torn Fu d2 web page years ago,  http://www.angelfire.com/on4/schultzsgt/radio.html
First learned the resin panel is available.

Later found Tony Heffenan complicated radio,
http://www.mytornradiofud2modelproject.com/
Which opened my eyes and itching to try to build my own.


So here is where all the trouble began.

No comments:

Post a Comment