Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Original Tunics

M 36 tunic  Obergefreiter Grßdeutschland

This M36 tunic was came from a dealer named Berry Smith at Sherry UK, he published monthly update listing in photo copy only with typed descriptions not photos, sent by air mail to me, most hot items was already gone when I received. He sold me few West Germany tunics as original period tunics,  this kid in the east can't tell the difference he though, but I knew its not right according to my books, due to huge postage, I always kept them, eventually he sold me this lovely text book example tunic, it was just too good to be true, my size, no moth holes, only a large tear hole at the left collar, may be someone tear off  the collar tab, no insignia whatsoever, only a breast eagle was remain there. when the replacement collar tabs sew on just well covered the hole only detected from under the collar. 

All other insignia was uncertain original or not as the price was not much difference then, but the GD cuff title was bought locally, and the GD monogram was sew on by myself.  
This was my first encounter of the liner system, made me searching for the detail of the removable neck band and belt hooks supporting straps, but all in vain.
I missed this tunic very much.
(sold)


Waffenrock Obergefreiter Pionier

This Waffenrock was came from Unique Imports Inc, from USA, back to the 70s there was many dealers in US and UK had plenty of  original German items in stock, and always offered discounts on over stock items, this tunic was in very good price but no choice on the waffenfarbe, I got the Pionier rock in schwarz (black), actually I want a white, pink or red waffenfarbe, but lucky it was my size again. The Gefreiter Chevron and the marksmanship lanyard was my added on but uncertain original or not. The wounded badge was a repro from Japan called YMC ‘Young Man Collection’.
Tobacco was found inside the rear hidden pocket of the liner.
(sold)





No comments:

Post a Comment